With a new beginning comes new strategies, programs, and services. SCLO encourages individuals and families to stay consistent with becoming a new you.
Learn what SCLO is offering through their Life Management Skills Programs in 2021-2022
• Skills for Life
• The Sister Circle
• The Out of the Box Youth
Learn about these programs by visiting our website https://secondchancelastopportunity.org
While the world has experienced a pandemic that’s left many in an unknown and unsure place in 2020, especially the unfortunate individuals who continue to struggle even more with loss of their jobs and not having enough money to feed their families.
Second Chance Last Opportunity’s virtual classes are held twice a week, and emergency food is distributed twice a week. Baby supplies for mothers are provided twice a month, in the beginning and the end of month.
These events empower girls and women to stand firm in their beliefs of who they will become, or already became, without limitations to moving into their purpose.
The “I Am That I Am” pledge gives them one of the tools for finding their passion, for moving forward into being strong, brilliant and powerful.
The schedule for SCLO services as follows:
- Mondays 10am – 2pm – On-the-job Training, 6 weeks
- Tuesdays 10am – 3 pm – Preparing for food distribution for the next day
- Wednesdays 11am – 3pm – Food Distribution to residents. Pick up groceries on the day assigned to you. Emergency Crisis Center number is required.
- Thursdays 6-7 pm – Ladies Empowerment virtual classes
- Fridays 11am – 3pm – Food Distribution to residents. Pick up groceries on the day assigned to you. Emergency Crisis Center number is required.
The SCLO “I Am That I Am” course is offered in the Sarasota County Jail in the ladies’ Recovery Pod.
Special events in the months
Tuesdays, Jan 12 & 26, 12 noon to 3pm – Give away diapers
Friday, Jan 15, 22 and 29, virtual classes are provided inside the Sarasota County Jail in the ladies Recovery Pod
Saturday, Jan 30, 5:30 pm – “I Am That I Am” program and On-the-Job Training Graduation
Friday, Feb 5, 9:15am to 10am – graduation inside of the Sarasota County Jail in the ladies’ Recovery Pod
Tuesdays, Feb 9 & 23, 12 noon to 3pm – Give away diapers
February 11, 2021, is International Day of Women and Girls in Science
Second Chance Last Opportunity will have activities for girls and women from Tuesday. Feb. 9 thru Saturday, Feb 13.
- Tuesday, Feb. 9, between 12 noon and 3 pm – “I am that I am” Empowerment Workshop, in 15-minute sessions, each with 10 girls or women
- Thursday, Feb. 11, 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., Dress to Impress, with light refreshments in the garden at SCLO, 1933 Dr MLK Jr Way, with a DJ playing music, empowerment decorations, and gifts for attendees
- Saturday, Feb. 13, 12 noon to 4 pm “I Am That I Am” giveaway of books, tote bags, and t-shirts. Door prizes for the first 15 girls and women.
Saturday, Mar 27, between 11am to 3pm – Purple Wave Day
Sisters Circle Activities (1)
Taste Around The World- In the Garden 12 Noon – food prepared by clients from different backgrounds
Tuesday, Mar 8 & Mar 30, 12 noon to 3pm – Give away diapers & personal hygiene items
Tuesday, Mar 16, 12 noon – Skills For Life for Adults and Seniors Days
Saturday, Apr 17, 11am to 3pm – Purple Empowerment Day for the Sister Circle (1)
Tuesday, Apr 6 & Apr 27, 12 noon to 3pm – Give away diapers
Sewing Classes available for girls and women TBA
Sisters Circle Activities (2)
Tuesday, May 4 & 18, 12 noon, Skills for Life for Adults & Seniors Days
Tuesday, May 4 & 25, 12 noon to 3pm – Give away diapers
Friday, May 14th @ 12 noon 3pm, Stand Strong and Wear Purple Day Awareness: Self Care
Sisters Circle Activities (3)
Saturday, April 17, 11am to 3pm – Purple Empowerment Day
Sister Circle Activities (4)
Out of The Box Youth Summer Programs & Fun Activities
Cooking Classes for youth in the garden
Sister Circle Activities (5)
Out of The Box Youth – Fun Activities
Tuesday. July6, 11am 2 pm – Wear it Purple Day – Stand up. Stand out.
Sister Circle Activities (6)
Out of the Box Youth
Tuesday, Aug 17, 11am- 3 pm – BE YOUR OWN VOICE DAY!
Sister Circle Graduation
Out of the Box backpacks & school supplies giveaway